วันจันทร์ที่ 6 พฤษภาคม พ.ศ. 2556

Can I Use Pictures From Google Images For Personal Use?

Using Pictures from Google Search?

Hello again

Here is one of those crazy (highly requested) computer tips newsletters. Please note that we have incorporated a bit of humour into our computer education. 

Can I Use Pictures From Google Images For Personal Use?

Question: 

I was always under the assumption that everything listed on Google was free. I recently had a visitor to my photography and art blog (allmyoriginalpictures.net) threaten me that I was going to be sued for stealing Google images and posting them as mine. My question is can I use the pictures listed on Google Images in my website. I never said explicitly that the pictures were taken by me; people probably just implied that they were. - Leonard Dave Inchi (ldi@allmyoriginalpictures.net)

Answer: 

Hi Leonard, I've browsed your blog and like how you've labeled the Mona Lisa as a painting of "your aunt Patty at Easter." When you use any image from the Internet, you're walking a slippery slope in regards to copyright issues. The pictures that show up in Google Images are simply linked through Google to the original website where they appear. Most of the photographs are copyrighted property of the designer or photographer who created them. As long as you give proper credit to the originator, they usually won't come after you in court and in fact might appreciate the exposure. Where you walk a fine line is if you claim the material as your own and especially if you use the images for your own monetary gain. Do the right thing and create your own art, and also delete the picture of Edvard Munch's The Scream that you've labeled "Scared Dude." 

My Blog Hasn't Appeared In Google Search Yet

Even if you do not have a website you really need to read this just for the good laugh. :)

Question: 

I just had the best idea for a blog and quickly worked to create it. The concept is that I take famous paintings and rename them. I have Edvard Munch's The Scream that I've rebranded as "Scared Dude." I also have Grant Wood's American Gothic but with the name "Time For Chores, Ma." My problem is with Google because they haven't even listed my blog yet. Before you know it, some other creative genius is going to come along and steal this cash cow from me. My question is WHERE THE HECK IS MY BLOG? -Leonard Dave Inchi (ldi@renamedpicturesfromothers.com)

Answer: 

Long time no talk, Lenny. First off, your blog is going to take some time to appear in search engines such as Google and Yahoo and you have to do some work on your time. Your blog isn't indexed yet so the search engines don't know it exists. You should email Google and Yahoo and tell them that your blog is born. Next you need to investigate search engine optimization (SEO) writing techniques so that when somebody types the phrase "The Last Supper nicknamed Who Wants Hot Pockets" your blog will be the first (and only) that appears in the results. You should also research backlinking so that people visiting other famous painting ruining websites will eventually be redirected to your blog. 

If you like these crazy computer tips, we have 14,000 words of exactly the same . Costs $7. It is a cheap laugh with a bit of computer education mixed in. 



tips4pc, 43 carmichael court, d'aguilar, QLD 4514, AUSTRALIA
Unsubscribe | Change Subscriber Options

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น

 

Blogger news

Blogroll

NosLia Blog - Computer IT

About